Sunday 6 July 2014

Wireless Festival 2014

After returning from a great holiday to Menorca I had nothing planned for the day I got back assuming it would be filled with doing odd jobs and unpacking and reminiscing on the fantastic week I just had before getting back to reality. Until my flatmate Tugba told me she was going to wireless festival and I thought that would be fun! I was browsing through facebook and saw a friend was selling a ticket, unfortunately when  I called her she had decided to go herself - great now I knew 2 people that were going!!! This made me want to go even more, so I ventured to the Wireless website and luck would have it they were still selling tickets, an hour before it opened! So I got ready pronto and hopped on the tube to Finsbury Park.

The weather was great, it was like being back on holiday so i opted for my Oasis floral suit with a simple must have black bandeau top from American Apparel.


The line up was incredible and considering I paid just £65 for a ticket (£75 total for email delivery and admin fees) it was more than well worth it! The main stage had huge artists such as Tinie Tempah, Pharrell Williams, Iggy Azalea and Kanye West whilst the other stages featured some great artists such as Ella Eyre, Etta bond and Kiesza. There was definitely not enough time to see evreryone!!

We began by watching an up and coming act on the main stage - Vic Mensa an 18 year old rapper from Chicago. His first single 'Down on my luck' is expected for release on July 27th, pre order on itunes by clicking the following link:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/down-on-my-luck-single/id874930430

Here he is singing 'Lovely Day'


Next on the main stage was Iggy Azalea another recent successful rapper who topped the charts last year with 'Work'. Over on another stage was a great UK act Etta Bond, a female vocalist signed by Labrinth. The 2 female acts were unfortunately on at the same time, and I'm sorry Etta but I chose to see USA star Iggy. Here are a couple of songs by Etta Bond anyway:

'Ask me to stay' Etta Bond

'Boring Bitches' Etta Bond

I'm sure Etta's set was fantastic but Iggy totally stole the show, she has so much attitude and her live vocals were great, very entertaining. Her cocky confidence paired with her 'bad girl' style made for a great performance, wearing a tiny black brassiere top with black briefs covered by mesh shorts. Rita Ora also made a guest appearance for their new single 'Black Widow' wearing a gorgeous geometric print tangerine skort suit with her blonde locks flowing with curls and a plait at the front.

 'Fancy' Iggy Azalea

It was then time for Tinie Tempah one of my favourite artists EVER and for me he was hands down the best act! It was worth paying to just see him. In fact the only thing that could have made it better was if his buddy Labrinth appeared! Every single song he performed was a hit and I knew every word! You know how some artists pad out their set with a few new songs or not so popular songs that only the true fans know, well every tune that Tinie played had the crowd jumping! He was sporting a slighty different look to his normal clean shaven fresh face by letting his hair grow into short tight curls accompanied by a bit of stubble - very mashionable (man fashionable!)

'Earthquake' Tinie Tempah

'Written in the Stars' Tinie tempah


Lastly before I left for the evening was Mr Pharrell Williams - a man who has produced, written and sung so many songs from so many genres for so many years but hasn't seemed to age a day! From the old school N.E.R.D songs to the many songs he featured on (remember Drop it like it's hot!) and finally his 2013/2014 chart topping success hits. Very talented guy! I even learnt that he was the mastermind lyricist behind Gwen Stefani's hit single 'Hollaback Girl' and I'm sure many others.

'Happy' Pharrell Williams

'Drop it like it's hot' Pharrell Williams

'Lucky' Pharrell Williams

I actually headed off before Kanye West as I have previously seen him live and as I was still recovering from not b eing able to walk for a while I decided that a crazed mosh pit to a Kanye West number was not the way to go plus it was great to get out of the venue before the mass exodus of the other 59,999 people!

I must say due to the fantastic weather (25 degrees) everyone brought out their best festival attire - colourful co-ords were very popular along with tassled kimonos and chunky sandals. Shop for your festival outfit below.

Co-Ords at Miss Pap - http://www.misspap.co.uk/two-piece-sets/

Kimonos at Miss Pap (perfect over bikinis too) - http://www.misspap.co.uk/womens-girls-kimonos-at-misspap-co-uk/

Chunky Sandals at Lavish Alice (also in white)  - http://www.lavishalice.com/new-in-c20/silver-holographic-strapped-buckle-chunky-sandals-p1198

Or if you don't want to spend a fortune on a new outfit only for it to get covered with festival mud you can always opt for a floral headband accessory:

Daisy headband (similar to mine) £3.99 ASOS:
http://www.missguided.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/116823/s/sanora-daisy-headband/category/1360/



Enjoy the festivals, let me know your festival fashion and favourite artists!

Lexie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment